Public Relations, Marketing &
· Launched new category of products for Rubbermaid with nationwide tour of three teams of two college students each, covering 135 markets in 95 days. Rubbermaid named T&R “Agency of the Year.” Wal-Mart named Rubbermaid category manager, thanks to our successful program.
All elements came in on time and
within client’s budget.
· Multi-faceted program aimed at specific demographic groups increased Georgia organ donors by 20% while reducing state waiting list for organs.
· As public relations agency of record for the Atlanta Paralympic Games, exceeded goals by generating sellout crowds at Opening and Closing Ceremonies and above-goal ticket sales for all sports events.
· Led Shell Energy to accomplish its goals in race to sign up natural gas customers in Georgia.
· Relaunched Cherry Coke to millions of U.S. teenagers producing 10% gains in target markets.
· Introduced nearly 100 new Chick-fil-A stores to America every year since 1992 generating millions of print and broadcast publicity impressions annually.
· Total marketing responsibility for prestigious American Craft Council Atlanta Craft show over a seven-year period resulted in generating more than one million visitors to the annual event.
· Innovative and targeted publicity helped raise attendance and entries to record levels for the EFFIEs, arguably the world’s most prestigious marketing competition.
· Recipient of scores of local and regional awards from Public Relations Society of America, International Association of Business Communicators and various trade groups.
· Recipient of top MAX Award for Marketing Excellence from Georgia State University Marketing Council for local store marketing initiative for Chick-fil-A.
· Managed $1.5 million advertising and publicity budget for burgeoning consumer products company. Doubled sales within six months.
· Publicized launch of ad campaigns, new products, and events, i.e. “Coke Is It!”, Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, Mello Yello, Hands Across America, and eight Olympic Games, generating massive publicity to enhance overall marketing efforts.
· Winner of Silver Anvil award from Public Relations Society of America for multi-faceted Olympic publicity campaign which included conception and launch of U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame.
· Worked with Marketing, Human Resources, Public Affairs, Operations, and Investor Relations Departments to coordinate corporate messages and maximize positive results.
· In concert with IR, created new, award-winning annual and quarterly reports, analyst meeting formats and contents, and on-going investor communications program.
· Created and promoted "Letters to Santa" in partnership with U.S. Marine Corps Reserves and U.S. Postal Service to benefit Toys for Tots
· Founding member of three-person crisis management team. Served as chief communication strategist and principal corporate spokesperson.
· Managed all aspects of internal communications regarding acquisition and divestiture of bottling companies across the U.S.
· Created Club Coca-Cola – a traveling music-video dance party for schools and colleges -- and partnered it with Reebok to benefit Special Olympics.
· Expanded U.S. Youth Games and partnership with 18 city parks and recreation departments to enhance urban presence and bottler recognition for Coca-Cola
Created "Drugs: A Deadly Game" program with Boy Scouts of America.
· Led acquisition of Ogilvy PR's
Madrid office and helped land a $2
million international client -- The
Spanish National Mint -- within
three months of office’s opening.
· Helped save Unilever account
for Ogilvy Advertising as
member of elite, London-based
team, developing and
strategic communications plan.
· Convention role included creating all content, speech writing and presentations as well as producing major musical revues and continuity segments to launch key program elements.
· Member, KFC National Advertising Cooperative comprised primarily of franchisees.
· Supported introduction of several new products for KFC with consumer-focused publicity and events.
· Coordinated division communications with Heublein corporate affairs and IR.
· Produced award-winning annual
and quarterly reports plus analyst
· Created communications program to help unite disparate groups such as iron miners, ore processors, forest products timber management and sawyers, Great Lakes marine fleet seamen.
· Successfully campaigned for community acceptance of one new mine and expansion of two existing mines in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
· Coordinated all communications aspects of the closing of two mining operations.
· Company media spokesperson for all matters, including union contract negotiations.
· Founding member, National Investor Relations Institute.
· Served as youngest-ever chairman of the Iron & Steel Institute's Public Relations Committee.